Hello Pixie Chicks:
The cold weather is upon us which could mean your idea of date night might be Netflix and fuzzy blankets. Well that’s all fine but there are other options out there too.
1. Bowling—when was the last time you put on those slick shoes and bowled your best? Could have been middle school or the occasional college outing. This is a super fun way to engage in a fun and cheap activity with your S.O.
2. Ice Skating—aww this is sweet and for many, a winter must have. Holding hands, bundling up, and hoping not to fall on your bottoms—what could be better when you’re courting a cutie?
3. Museums—a lovely trip to the museum is always a favorite date of mine. Many of your local libraries will offer reduced passes or free passes to museums. I really enjoy art and ancient artifacts while my boo loves to visit the mummy exhibits. It’s a great segue for intellectual conversations!
4. DIY Projects—are you crafty or does your other half have a cool hobby? You can try a craft/DIY project together that you’ll both enjoy or teach each other your favorite crafting hobbies. Some ideas are painting furniture,wood-working, knitting, making coasters, creating cool art-collages and so much more—get loads of ideas on Pinterest!
5. Library day—If you’re into books you’ll enjoy this one. You can spend those cold days roaming the stacked shelves. You can sit in the comfy chairs and read poetry to each other, people watch, or makeup cute games like: find authors with your names, look at romance covers and predict the story line, or, go to the children’s section and show and tell your favorite book from yester-years!
After a fulfilled date-day you are encouraged to warm up by the fire, drink some cocoa and reminisce about your relationship, and maybe even Netflix and Chill :)